Many of our online databases offer mobile access to phones and tablets through iPhone, Android, and other apps. Below is an alphabetical list of our mobile apps that are available for download. For help installing and using these apps, please see a staff member.
Book Cloud’s simple interface, user-friendly design and vast collection makes checking out eBooks easier than ever before. Check out up to 5 eBooks at a time for up to 21 days each from any internet connected smart device, tablet or personal computer.
Comics Plus Library Edition brings you access to thousands of eComics for free with your library card. Once you’ve established your login information by following the steps in the link below you can then download and login to the app on any iOS device. Download an unlimited number of eComics for free; once downloaded you have access to the eComic for seven days.
Freegal is a free music service from Livingston Parish Library. All you need is your library card number. Freegal offers access to about 7 million songs, including Sony Music’s catalog of legendary artists. In total the collection is comprised of music from over 28,000 labels with music that originates in over 80 countries. Each cardholder has access to 3 music downloads per week and 3 hours of streaming music every day. As a music video is premium content, all video downloads will count as 2 of your weekly music selections.
Lynda.com is a leading online learning company that helps anyone learn business, software, technology and creative skills to achieve personal and professional goals. Lynda.com Change made to A-Z page. The company also provides German, French and Spanish language content under the video2brain brand name. Logging in and watching videos is free and Lynda.com can be used in the library, at home and on multiple devices.
Download the App
- Get started in web your browser by clicking here.
- Download app for iOS.
- Download App for Android.
- Download Windows 8 app for compatible tablet devices or PC.
- Download as Desktop App for Windows or OS X.
- 1) Have your library card ready.
- 2) Download the app.
- 3) Select “Log in” from the menu button.
- 4) Click on the “Organization” tab at the top.
- 5) Under the “Web Portal” area enter: mylpl.info.
- 6) You will be taken to a new screen, your library card number is your username and the last four digits of that number are your PIN or password.
- 7) A dialog box will open up and ask “Open in Lynda.com App?” you should then click “Open” or “Yes”.
The OneClickdigital eAudio app is available for Android, Kindle Fire, Nook, iPhone, iTouch and iPad users. Download the free app by clicking on one of the links below. Login using the credentials you created at the OneClickdigital website, and access your checkouts, browse and checkout titles, and download directly to your device using the app. All titles are available for download with the app.
Games can be downloaded for free anywhere that you have an internet connection. Once downloaded these games can be played without a connection to the internet. All you need is your library card number and pin and you can begin playing from a selection of thousands of games for free. To get started follow the instructions below:
- 1) Click on the “Get Started” link below.
- 2) Select a game you wish to play for free and select “Download”.
- 3) Once the download has begun you can track the progress in the “My Games” area. This may take some time.