- • To vote in a primary election in Louisiana, you must be registered with a party affiliation.
- • You must be registered to vote 30 days before an election.
- • You are required to prove age, residency and identity.
- • You must submit your current Louisiana driver’s license, if you have one, or your birth certificate or other documentation which reasonably and sufficiently establishes your identity, age and residency.
- • If you have no picture ID, you may bring a utility bill, payroll check, or government document that includes your name and address.
Run by the Louisiana Secretary of State, this portal contains important voting information, including voting location, voter frequently asked questions, ballot information, and absentee voting.
Visit this page to register to vote online or download and print mail-in registration. Also find a list of locations to register to vote in person.
This page will give you information about polling locations that have been moved for the November 2016 election due to flooding.