COVID-19 Update: Modified Service Plan
Following the Governor’s declaration on Monday, March 16 and to aid in the effort to curb the spread of novel coronavirus disease (COVID-19), Livingston Parish Library will enact the following measures beginning Tuesday, March 17, 2020.
- We will provide curbside access for patrons to pick up materials placed on hold. Public access to library facilities, computers, meeting rooms, idea lab services, etc. will be cancelled through Monday, April 13, 2020.
- We will offer the following phone and online services for patrons:
- Reference services.
- Book-a-librarian services.
- Reader’s advisory (what to read next) services.
- Access to the library’s online content via the Digital Library.
- Modified library hours for all library branches will be as follows:
- Denham Springs-Walker
- Monday-Thursday: 9:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
- Friday – Saturday: 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Albany-Springfield, Main, Watson, and South Branches
- Monday – Friday: 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Saturday: 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
- Additionally, all branches will close at 6:00 p.m. on Monday, March 16.
- Denham Springs-Walker
- We will reevaluate our modified service plan on Monday, April 6 and make a decision on how to proceed given the current recommendations of local, state and national health and emergency preparedness officials.
- All materials checked out through our curbside service will be due back within 4 weeks of checkout, including materials that typically checkout for a shorter period of time (i.e. movies, TV series, video games, etc.).
- All materials checked out this month may be kept by patrons until Wednesday, April 15 or until we announce our official branch reopening date. We will extend due dates for these materials.
- Please do not return your materials to book returns during this time.
- As of December 1, 2019, the LPL no longer charges overdue fines on any items checked out from the library. Therefore, no overdue fines will be accumulated on items checked out during this period.
- We ask our patrons to help us in our efforts to curb the spread of COVID-19 when using our curbside service. Please do not use this service if you are showing symptoms, have had a fever in the last 24 hours, or otherwise think you may have or need to be tested for COVID-19.
- Our 24/7 Digital Library is available to all library patrons. The LPL’s Digital Library provides access to eBooks, audiobooks, movies, TV series, music, and newspapers through our online databases. We also have resources to help all parish students in public, private, and homeschool environments. The Digital Library can be accessed at www.mylpl.info/DigitalLibrary.
- For eBooks and eAudiobooks, download our CloudLibrary, hoopla, or RBDigital apps.
- For movies, music, and TV series, download our hoopla or Kanopy apps.
- For newspapers and magazines, download our PressReader, Flipster, or RBDigital apps.
- For online classes, use the following databases available on the LPL website:
- Lynda – For business classes, computer instruction, and more.
- Khan Academy – For access to a video library containing over 3,000 videos covering K-12 math, science, and more.
- Miss Humblebee’s Academy – For access to an online curriculum for children ages 2-6.
The decision to limit access to our facilities is not one we take lightly. Libraries play a vital role in providing access to information and materials to the public, but the safety of our patrons and staff is our top priority as we work to help contain the spread of the coronavirus. Please continue to monitor our website and social media channels for updates.
Livingston Parish Library Director