In order to borrow a mobile hotspot from the library, you must:
- -Be at least 18 years old.
- -Have a valid Livingston Parish Library card in good standing.
- -Agree to the Mobile Wi-Fi Hotspot User Agreement.
*Teen, Juvenile, Non-Resident, Out-of-State, and Facility Use library card types are unable to borrow a mobile hotspot from the library.
- Mobile hotspots can be checked out for seven (7) days.
- Mobile hotspots cannot be renewed or placed on hold; patrons who live at the same address cannot check out a mobile hotspot within four weeks of its last return.
- Mobile hotspots can be checked in and out at any branch of the LPL. However, patrons MUST return the device to the branch’s circulation desk, not the night dropbox.
- Please return the mobile hotspot to the library if it is not working or will not connect within 24 hours of check out. Our staff will be able to issue you another hotspot if one is available. The library is unable to extend a loan period for a device that works intermittently while in a patron’s care.
*The mobile hotspot will be deactivated the morning after its due date. If the device is not returned within ten days of its due date, the borrower will be charged the replacement cost for the device and any associated fees.
- Mobile hotspot: $30
- Power adapter: $15
- Carrying Case: $15
Total Replacement Cost: $60
- DO NOT expose the mobile hotspot to liquid or moisture.
- DO NOT expose the mobile hotspot to extreme temperatures, either hot or cold.
- DO NOT expose the mobile hotspot to lit candles, cigarettes, cigars, open flames, etc.
- DO NOT drop, throw, or try to bend the mobile hotspot. Rough treatment may damage the device.
- DO NOT attempt to disassemble the mobile hotspot.
- STOP using and turn off the mobile hotspot if it appears damaged, is too hot to touch, or has a “hot” smell.
- DO NOT operate the mobile hotspot in areas where blasting is in progress, where explosive atmospheres may be present, near medical equipment, near life support equipment, or any equipment which may be susceptible to any form of radio interference.
- DO NOT operate the mobile hotspot in any aircraft, whether the aircraft is on the ground or in flight.
- The driver or operator of any vehicle should not operate the mobile hotspot while in control of a vehicle. Doing so may detract from the driver’s control and operation of that vehicle.