Teen Video Challenge
Do you have a passion for reading and libraries? Do you want to share your video or performative skills with teens across the country? The Teen Video Challenge is for you!
Five winners will be chosen and will receive: a $200 cash prize and $50 worth of summer reading materials for their library!
About the Teen Video Challenge
The Teen Video Challenge is an annual video contest and is open to all teens, ages 13-18. The challenge is for teens to create a public service announcement-type video that shows their unique interpretation of the 2021 Collaborative Summer Library Program slogan — “Tails and Tales.” Please note: The Teen Video Challenge is sponsored and hosted by the Collaborative Summer Library Program.
Videos will be accepted June 1, 2021, 12:01 am EDT through Friday, August 6, 2021, 11:59 pm EDT
- Official TVC Submission Form
- 2021 TVC Contest Rules
- Winning videos from years past
- CSLP Model Release form TVC [.docx]
All videos should:
- Be no longer than 60 seconds.
- Promote the idea of using public libraries and reading.
- Be designed for use at any library.
- Be appropriate for viewing by audiences of all ages—this means it must be Rated G!
- Adhere to copyright laws.
- Interpret the theme of animals with the slogan “Tails and Tales.”
- Recording Technology-camera, phone, tablet, or another recording device
- Editing App or Software-example: iMovie, Adobe Premiere, FilmoraGo, Shakr, etc.
- Greenscreen (optional)
- Lighting Equipment (optional)
Teens can produce their videos anywhere within or outside the library
How to Enter
1. Video Submissions
- Teens should create a public service announcement-type video that shows their unique interpretation of the 2021 CSLP slogan “Tails and Tales” in 60 seconds or less in an original video and submit as a URL link to the CSLP TVC Submission Form found above.
- Video submissions will be accepted beginning June 1, 2021, 12:01 am EDT through Friday, August 6, 2021, 11:59 pm EDT.
- Multiple entries are permitted.
2. Selection Process
- Five winners will be determined by members of the TVC Ad Hoc Committee and collaborating partners from submissions by each state and/or from general entries submitted to CSLP.
- The five winning videos will be announced in mid-October 2021 and will be featured on the Collaborative Summer Reading Program website. Winners will be notified by email and permission slips from parent/ guardian will be required at this time for prize eligibility.
- Winning Teen/Team ($200 cash prize)
- The winner’s local public library will receive a $50 gift certificate from CSLP
- Video will be posted on the CSLP Website/YouTube Channel for public viewing
4. Terms and Conditions
- Entrants may only submit their own original works.
- Video submissions will be accepted beginning June 1, 2021, 12:01 am EST through Friday, August 6, 2021, 11:59 pm EST.
- CSLP employees and their family members may participate but are ineligible to win.
- For optimal video, upload guidelines visit the YouTube® website.
- All submitted videos are subject to approval and may not be accepted if they are found to be offensive or in violation of copyright. This includes the use of copyrighted music, digital, movie, or printed works.
- CSLP reserves the right to use winning videos on various publications, websites, and other promotions, including but not limited to the CSLP channel on YouTube and www.cslpreads.org.
Please contact email@example.com with any questions.