More Than 26,000 Livingston Parish Students, Teachers, and Educators Enrolled In New LPL eCard Program
The Livingston Parish Library is pleased to announce an exciting partnership with Livingston Parish Public Schools (LPPS) that provides ALL Livingston Parish school students and teachers with immediate access to the library’s digital resources and services through its new eCard program.
The new eCard grants students and teachers access to all eResources provided by the Library, ranging from Scholastic databases that offer assistance to homework to resources offering downloadable eBooks, audiobooks and magazines.
Additionally, students and teachers can visit their local branch to convert their eCard into a full-fledged library card that will allow them to check out physical items such as books, DVDs, video games, Learning Kits, and more.
*Parents who wish to opt of having their child's information shared with Livingston Parish Library can do so by completing this form.
Students and teachers can now use any resource, any time with their LPL eCard. Below are a few available eResources:
- Miss Humblebee's Academy - Miss Humblebee's Academy is an award-winning, online curriculum for children ages 2-6. The curriculum lays the foundation for a lifetime of learning success, providing strength in core subject areas: math, science, and social studies, language and literacy, art, and music.
- Scholastic Teachables - Scholastic Teachables offers unlimited access to 25,000-plus searchable and printable education materials, including lesson plans, mini-books, and activity sheets for a variety of grade levels and subjects. This new service is perfect for teachers, busy parents looking to support their child's learning, and homeschooling families.
- Cloud Library – Download your favorite eBooks right to your smartphone, tablet, or computer.
- Pronunciator – Learn a new language in a fun and easy way. Includes English as a second language courses.
- hoopla – Access over 500,000 titles from six different formats, including movies, TV, music albums, audiobooks, eBooks, and comics.