More Than 26,000 Livingston Parish Students And Teachers Enrolled In New Library ECard Program
The Livingston Parish Library is pleased to announce an exciting partnership with Livingston Parish Public Schools that will provide all Livingston Parish school students and teachers with immediate access to the library’s digital resources and services through its new eCard program.
The new eCard grants students and teachers access to all eResources provided by the Library, ranging from Scholastic databases that offer assistance to homework to resources offering downloadable eBooks, audiobooks and magazines.
Additionally, students and teachers can visit their local branch to convert their eCard into a full-fledged library card that will allow them to check out physical items such as books, DVDs, video games, Learning Kits, and more.
Students can now use any resource, any time with their LPL eCard. Below are a few available eResources:
- Khan Academy– Provides access to a video library containing over 3,200 videos covering K-12 math, science topics such as biology, chemistry, and physics, and even reaches into the humanities with playlists on finance and history. Also includes interactive challenges, assessments, and teacher resources.
- Cloud Library – Download your favorite eBooks right to your smartphone, tablet, or computer.
- Lynda.com – Improve your skills with help from the leading online learning service.
- Pronunciator – Learn a new language in a fun and easy way. Includes English as a second language courses.
- hoopla – Access over 500,000 titles from six different formats, including movies, TV, music albums, audiobooks, eBooks, and comics.